domingo, 15 de diciembre de 2013

Παρά-thesis I



I would like to talk about my doctoral degree, which I am working on. Firstly, I thought that I would be working about phylogeographic and phylogeny aspects with my insects. But one of my supervisors had a different vision. He told me that I am going to be working on genomics aspects. I did not think that topic suited me. At first, that did not annoy me because I have two supervisors. One researches is about biology in the lab (genomics) and the other researches is about field experiments (chemical ecology) and bioinformatics (ecology modeling). But I was getting depressed because I was working with DNA and RNA only, I did not like over the years. Also my supervisor (and advisor) was laid off from the university. This reason is because the university needed to cut down the staff. My advisor was an associate professor who had two projects and two patents. He did not have many international papers though. But I tell you, that he wanted to innovate the practise classes with new materials. It was a pity. His presence was lost in my thesis direction.




Other day more. Thanks for reading!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario